Content Writer Jobs
Are you a passionate and dedicated full-time content writer that can develop appealing content? If so, join a global team and work remotely to help the world's best websites and businesses grow and reach their goals.
Strategically is for you if you:
- Want to join an international, leading writing agency to challenge you to develop professionally and personally.
- Aspire to produce meaningful content that helps innovative startups or industry-leading firms influence vast audiences and shape the future.
- Wish to make the next step in your career and become an expert in all forms of content writing and build a diverse portfolio while you're at it.
- Look for autonomy and the work-life balance you deserve, where you'll be spending more time with loved ones and zero in the office.
Joining Strategically Is a No-Brainer
Headquartered in London in the United Kingdom, Strategically is a customer-focused writing agency helping people get more leads and turn them into conversions. We specialise in digital marketing, including SaaS, eCommerce, lead generation, SEO, web hosting and web development.
Strategically was founded in 2012, and since then, we've helped industry leaders produce informative, engaging and actionable content. Our past and present clients include AB Tasty, authority website hosting review blog WebsitePlanet.com, Gmelius, London-based boutique SEO agency, Bubblegum Search and AdScale. We've also ghostwritten for large business websites like projecttimes.com and project-management.com.
As we continuously develop new client relationships, our agency grows fast. If you think you've got what it takes to become a member of our writing and marketing team and consider yourself a master wordsmith, we'd love to hear from you.
At the bottom of this page, you'll find a list of the jobs we're hiring for. Before anything else, though, we'll explain why working for Strategically is awesome.
The Best Reasons to Join Our Global Team
1. Perfect work-life balance. As a remote-working company, you can work from anywhere in the world, anytime (as long as you deliver tasks on time). In this way, you can always enjoy your loved ones, without having to commute to reach boring office premises, exhausting yourself, even before you've started work.
2. Our clients are industry leaders. Let's face it; not many writers have the exciting opportunity of producing content for some of the world's most renowned businesses or innovative startups. At Strategically, however, that's far from the case. Here, you'll be working exclusively for prestigious, forward-thinking companies.
3. Hands-on training. You might not be a seasoned writer yet, but know that polishing rough diamonds is one of the things we're really proud of. From the first moment you step in, you'll receive writing material and guidelines to understand our writing principles. On top of this, we'll work together during your first assignments until you're confident enough to embark on your own writing journey.
4. Work alongside real experts. It's no secret - we're continuously developing to become the top agency in the UK and abroad. For this reason, our team includes some of the world's best writers. In this way, by joining us, you'll be working closely with master wordsmiths while, at the same time, you hone your own writing skills.
5. We're fun, approachable, and open-minded. Contrary to other professionals, we approach work in a friendly way. Why? Because we love what we're doing, creating amazing content for exceptional clients (i.e., a high-end luxury brand).
6. Join a highly collaborative culture. At Strategically, we believe everyone is equal, meaning we treat every newcomer as if they were part of our team from our humble beginnings. And we're collaborative, too. Our agency has no bosses, only mentors and colleagues ready to pitch in and help out.
A content writer creates engaging copy for companies. For the most part, content writers enrich websites with blogs, how-to guides and marketing copy, including lead magnets, social media posts and landing pages.
At the same time, a content writer researches diverse topics, brainstorms new content types and proofreads pieces before publication while verifying they adhere to the client's guidelines. In the end, as a content writer, creating content and high-quality articles that appeal and excite our clients' audiences, magnetise prospective customers and raise brand awareness is pivotal.
Skills & Qualifications
- Research thoroughly diverse industry-related topics and know how to combine online or print sources, interviews and academic papers to prepare high-end content.
- Write engaging and actionable marketing copy to promote products/services and boost brand awareness.
- Having an exceptional eye to proofread and edit your blogs and verify your content adheres to the client's guidelines.
- Solid understanding of how to conduct keyword research and SEO optimisation to increase traffic.
- Able to craft engaging social media posts to encourage user interaction.
- Excellent writing skills and great grammar (i.e., spelling, cohesion, word flow, etc.).
- Ensure consistency (i.e., fonts, style, spacing, images, and voice).
- Manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
- Take ownership of projects, from communicating with the client to planning and delivering.
- Proficient in workplace technology and solutions such as office suites, CRM software and project management tools.
- Bachelor's degree or college degree in English, Journalism or a related field.
How to Apply
Before joining us as a content writer, you must share a portfolio of articles. It'd be preferred if you were a published writer, but even if you aren't, we'd still be delighted to see your work. Of course, sharing your résumé, too, is essential.
What if I Am Not an Experienced Content Writer or Have a Powerful Portfolio of Published Articles?
We understand. Writing is your life, and content writing is a passion you have to pursue. On top of this, you pride yourself on being a natural wordsmith, having excellent grammar and adhering to tight deadlines without panicking or losing focus. But you're not published. That's totally fine. Strategically offers an equal opportunity for all incredibly passionate writers to join our company and grow professionally.
Just remember that we're always looking for talent - rough diamonds - people committed to delivering the best possible content and creating copy, whether blogs, guides, white papers, lead magnets, or news articles that speak to the audience.
For this reason, our application process remains the same for every content writer and job position. If you're still unsure whether you'll be a good fit, stop thinking about it. Just gather your best articles and submit your application. In every case, we'll work together to find similar jobs that help you stand out from the crowd and become as productive as never before.
An Interactive Hiring Process
Strategically aims to make the hiring process as enjoyable and interactive as possible. In fact, we aren't making the process any harder than it needs to be. Each step is an opportunity for us to get to know each other and see how we work and communicate. By doing so, you not only meet us, but you'll know what to expect from us if you join our company. Our hiring process is as follows:
- You apply. In your written application, explain why you enjoy writing and what it means to you. Mention your previous work experience related to the content writing position, education and achievements. Be smart and describe your approach to different forms of writing, e.g., marketing copy, blogs, news articles and lead magnets, to name a few.
- You meet us via an online interview. You'll be invited to participate in an online video call where we'll get to speak with each other. Now's your time to shine. Demonstrate your passion for writing, explain how you deal with strict deadlines and implement comments from clients into your work to proceed to the next stages.
- Complete a small paid assignment. We'll assign you a paid trial article (it could be anything) to verify you can write appealing and actionable content, as well as produce eye-catching headings, subheadings, meta descriptions and implement keywords. If you find the process pleasant, you'll definitely enjoy working with us.
- Introductions. Now that we know how great a writer you are, we'll invite you to join our communication platform and create an account on our project management tool, where you'll view your assignments.
- Unexciting admin. You have to sign the relevant agreements, reference checks, etc., to welcome you to our team officially.
- Welcome aboard! As a remote-working writing agency, we're experts in onboarding new people. In addition, our caring team will help you settle in and make you feel right at home. If you've reached this stage, sincere congratulations are in order! You're one of us, now.
We're Hiring for the Following Roles
At the moment, the following are our other open full-time writer jobs in London (remoted-based):
- Business-to-business (B2B) writing
- Crypto-blockchain sphere
- Financial writing
- Legal writing
- Medical writing
- Staff writing
- SaaS writing
- Travel writing
- Technical writing
On a final note, the average salary we pay is highly competitive, above industry standards. Plus, you can choose any payment method you'd like. Another bonus is that you can access our jobs from any device. However, we haven't a job alert system in place yet, meaning you have to keep checking our website to apply for jobs easily. Lastly, keep in mind that we've many content writer jobs open at the moment, so we're looking for a number of content writers.