Fashion Writer Jobs
Are you a capable writer who also happens to follow fashion? If so, join an international, remote-working agency to help some of the world's best websites.
Strategically is for you if you:
- Are ready to skyrocket your career and join a global writing agency that challenges you to become the best writer you can be.
- Enjoy following the fashion industry and want to use your knowledge and expertise to help innovative companies achieve their goals.
- Aspire to work alongside writing experts in a fast-paced and collaborative work environment.
- Want independence and a great work-life balance, spending more time with loved ones and zero commuting to-and-from the office.
Consider Joining Strategically
Headquartered in London in the United Kingdom, Strategically is a customer-focused writing agency helping people get more leads and turn them into conversions. We specialise in digital marketing, including SaaS, eCommerce, lead generation, SEO, web hosting and web development.
Strategically was founded in 2012, and since then, we've helped industry leaders produce informative, engaging and actionable content. Our past and present clients include AB Tasty, authority website hosting review blog WebsitePlanet.com, Gmelius, London-based boutique SEO agency, Bubblegum Search and AdScale. We've also ghostwritten for large business websites like projecttimes.com and project-management.com.
As we continuously develop new client relationships, our agency grows fast. If you think you've got what it takes to become a member of our team and consider yourself a master wordsmith, we'd love to hear from you.
Near the end of this page, you'll find a list of the roles we're actively hiring for. Before anything else, however, we'll analyse why working for Strategically could be the best decision you'll ever make.
The Best Reasons to Join Our Global Team
1. Our clients are forward-thinking. From innovative startups to industry-leading firms, our clients are the best in what they do. Helping them achieve their challenging goals is a dream coming true for our writers.
2. Superb work-life balance. Time to stop commuting and exhausting yourself even before you've started working. Join our remote-working agency to find the perfect work-life balance. Think of it like this: by working remotely, you can enjoy your loved ones as much as you like, plus have the time to pursue your other passions.
3. Hands-on training. You might not be a seasoned writer, but know that polishing rough diamonds is one of the things we're really proud of. We'll provide you with training material and constant guidance to maximise your performance from your first day.
4. Join a highly collaborative culture. At Strategically, there aren't any bosses, only mentors and helpful colleagues. In fact, this sets us apart from competitors, as, at our core, we believe in a truly collaborative culture. We're here to help each other out whenever necessary.
A fashion writer or lifestyle writer produces copy related to all aspects of fashion and style. In short, fashion writers create blogs, features, listicles, brochures, social media posts and more. Additionally, high-end professional fashion writers or editors attend fashion shows to identify trends. At the same time, they interview powerful players of the high street, including designers, brokers and celebrities.
For the most part, fashion writers are also experts in writing product descriptions, reviewing cosmetic products and successfully managing social media accounts (i.e., Instagram). On top of this, they may be called upon to edit other writers' work or organise a fashion firm's advertising campaign. Generally, working as a fashion writer is exciting and never boring considering how vast the fashion industry is and that trends change each season.
Note: The successful fashion writer candidate will be offered a permanent position within our company.
Skills & Qualifications
- Fashion obsessive (men's fashion included) with a strong knowledge of fashion comings and goings. In fact, being a versatile men's fashion writer is a big plus in our book.
- Can write fashion and beauty stories, blogs, short news stories, features and product reviews (e.g., menswear), among others. In addition, writing articles that are attractive and elegant is key to being considered for this position.
- Able to manage social media accounts (namely Instagram) and create engaging and actionable posts related to fashion.
- Open to experience and navigate sensitive topics in the social space.
- Very strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Excellent understanding of SEO and knowledge of how to optimise a document.
- Proofread and edit content and verify that it adheres to the client's guidelines and brief.
- Awesome writing skills and exceptional grammar (i.e., spelling, cohesion, word flow, etc.).
- Ensure consistency (i.e., fonts, style, spacing, images, and voice).
- Can manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Take ownership of your work, from communicating with the client to planning and delivering.
- Proficient in workplace technology and solutions, like office suites, CRM software and project management tools.
- Bachelor's degree or college degree in Marketing, Journalism, English, or a related field.
- A fashion writer degree is not required, but it's a huge plus.
How to Apply
As you apply for this position, please share your work portfolio of fashion articles. If your content is not published, don't worry; we'd still love to see your work. While you're at it, please share your résumé, too. It’s a bit essential!
I'm Passionate About Fashion and Consider Myself a Great Writer, but I'm Not Published...
At Strategically, we're open-minded, so we're not only looking for seasoned writers but also for enthusiastic people who may not have had the chance to shine before. So, if you follow the fashion industry, have exceptional grammar, know how to write attractive and engaging web content, don't hesitate to reach out to us!
Just remember that talent is what we're looking for. Not everyone in our team was a developed writer when they joined us. On the contrary, some of our team members weren’t published. But, through our constant guidance, they managed to reach and exceed their writing potential.
Our hiring process is the same for every fashion writer and job position. Everything is smooth and interactive, as we don't look forward to putting our candidates under trial. To sum up, our advice is to collect and send us your best copy. Even if we decide you aren’t the candidate we're looking for, rest assured that we'll try to work with you to see if you'd be a better fit for a different role within our organisation.
A Smooth, Easy, and Open-Minded Hiring Process
Our company's hiring process, contrary to competitors, is as enjoyable and interactive as possible. We don't want to make things more challenging than needed. In other words, we just want to see how we communicate. For this reason, we've shaped our hiring process so that each stage is focused on getting to know each other better. In this way, you don’t only meet us, but you get to know what to expect from Strategically if you join. Hands-down, it's a win-win situation.
- You just apply. It couldn't be any simpler. To reach out to us, you only need to submit your application. Explain why writing is your passion, what it means to you and why you're interested in fashion. Don't forget to mention your previous work experience, including links to your Instagram and a valid email address.
- Time for an online interview. You'll be invited to participate in an online video call where we'll get to speak with each other. Now's your time to shine. Don't hold anything back. Show your passion for the fashion industry, extensive knowledge about social media, marketing campaigns and expertise in writing. Pretty much, we just want to verify if, in person, you're everything your CV says.
- You'll be assigned a small paid task. At this stage, we're going to offer you to work with us on a mini paid assignment. This could be anything from developing an article about the fashion industry to writing a product review or listicle to conducting a small analysis of a client's social media account. In this way, we can safely determine if you can work in our fast-paced environment, adhere to the client brief and follow instructions and guidelines.
- You’ll meet the Strategically team. Since we now know how passionate and capable a writer you are, we'll invite you to the office to join our communication platform and introduce yourself to the rest of our team. Moreover, you'll also get invited to create an account on our project management solution, from where you'll pick up your tasks.
- Unexciting admin. Yes, it's boring, we know, but it's mandatory to finalise your onboarding. So, at this stage, you'll sign the relevant agreements, reference checks, etc. Hopefully, this won’t take too long.
- Welcome aboard! Yay! Now you’re part of Strategically. As a remote-working writing agency, we're specialists in welcoming new team members. On top of this, know that our supportive people will take care of you and make you feel at home from the get-go. We’ll ensure you’ve nothing to worry about.
We're Hiring for the Following Roles
At the moment, the following are the jobs we're hiring for:
- Business-to-business (B2B) writing
- Content writing
- Crypto-blockchain sphere
- Financial writing
- Legal writing
- Medical writing
- SaaS writing
- Staff writing
- Travel writing
- Technical writing
- Content Writer Jobs
- Crypto Writer Jobs
Keep in mind that we're also open to a freelance fashion writer to join our team. In other words, it doesn't matter if you cannot commit full-time or if you're employed by several fashion magazines. Besides, freelance writers who are exceptional in fashion writing are always welcome at Strategically.
Job seekers looking to set up job alerts should be informed that, regrettably, we don't have a job alert system in place. So, creating a job alert is simply not possible. Finally, we offer a competitive salary per annum, above the average industry salary.