Medical Writer Jobs
If you have an in-depth understanding of medicines and clinical procedures and can express complex health information as simply as possible, join our international team and work remotely.
Strategically is for you if you:
- Want to get a foothold in medical writing and find the perfect work-life balance where you spend less time commuting and more time with your loved ones.
- Are passionate about developing professionally and personally while challenging yourself to become the best you can be each passing day.
- Seek to develop within a dynamic company that aims for the stars and help prestigious clients reach their goals.
- Strive to open your mind to new possibilities and forms of writing and grow to such an extent that you'll rise to a management role.
Joining Strategically Is a No-Brainer
Headquartered in London in the United Kingdom, Strategically is a customer-focused writing agency helping people get more leads and turn them into conversions. We specialise in digital marketing, including SaaS, eCommerce, lead generation, SEO, web hosting and web development.
Strategically was founded in 2012, and since then, we've helped industry leaders produce informative, engaging and actionable content. Our past and present clients include AB Tasty, authority website hosting review blog WebsitePlanet.com, Gmelius, London-based boutique SEO agency, Bubblegum Search and AdScale. We've also ghostwritten for large business websites like projecttimes.com and project-management.com.
As we continuously develop new client relationships, our agency grows fast. If you think you've got what it takes to become a member of our writing and marketing team and consider yourself a master wordsmith, we'd love to hear from you.
At the end of this page, you can view other job positions we're hiring for. Before anything else, though, here are four reasons why joining Strategically could be for you.
Four Awesome Reasons to Become a Member of Our Team
1. Work from anywhere in the world. As a global, remote-working agency, we have native English writers living in all parts of the world, from Central London and Sussex to the US, New Zealand, Australia and South Africa. This is a win-win situation. Not only do our clients get access to some of the world's best writing talent, but also, our writers have more time to spend with their loved ones and other passions. In return, they're more productive than ever, creating exceptional content.
2. Help renowned clients. From innovative startups to large corporations, our clients are the best in their fields. They're visionaries and intelligent, striving to shape the future as they develop cutting-edge technologies. Join Strategically to help them realise their dreams.
3. We're a fun, friendly, and collaborative bunch. At our company, everyone is equal. There's no competition between us. We're just trying to become the best we can be and deliver high-quality content constantly. For this reason, there are no bosses at Strategically. Everyone pitches in and helps each other as we work closely as a big, caring family.
4. Join the best. We don't have to hide anything. We're considered one of the leading, remote-working UK writing agencies and have successfully managed to satisfy over 250 forward-thinking clients over the past few years. To achieve this, we've set some secret writing guidelines that only our members can access. In this way, we produce amazing content every time, helping our customers increase conversions and raise brand awareness.
Medical writers work with doctors, other healthcare professionals or writing agencies (like Strategically) to develop medical content. For the most part, they produce and edit many resources, such as health advice leaflets, web content, educational materials, presentations for medical conferences, pharmaceutical company newsletters, health app reviews, medical reports, manuscripts, and press releases. In other words, medical writers create content about anything related to health science.
Moreover, a medical writer ensures that the content, structure, and format of documents is as per the regulatory guidelines, proofreads materials to verify scientific accuracy, guarantees projects are always delivered on time and accurately represent the client's voice. As expected, a medical writer should have some experience in the health sector or a medical writer degree.
Skills & Qualifications
- Create, edit, analyse, and review clinical and health or health-technology-related documents, like clinical study reports, patient information, instruction booklets, brochures, health app reviews and more.
- Develop and edit abstracts about clinical study results and presentations.
- Produce landing pages for renowned clients active in healthcare or pharmaceutical companies.
- Knowledgeable about IHR regulations, ICH guidelines and GCP.
- Solid understanding of statistics and commonly used drugs, from analgesic substances to antidepressants like paracetamol, alprazolam, etc.
- Commitment to quality and a sense of personal accountability.
- Proofread content to ensure it's free of grammatical, spelling, punctuation, syntax, and formatting errors.
- Ensure that produced content adhered to the client brief and given guidelines.
- Understand SEO optimisation and content strategy.
- Can prioritise, multitask and manage time efficiently to meet tight deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree or college degree in a related field, preferably in Marketing, Communication or Journalism.
How to Apply
Applying is simple. You just submit your written application. That said, please don't forget to share your résumé alongside your rockstar portfolio.
I've Extensive Medical Knowledge but Never Worked for a Writing Agency Before. Can I Still Apply?
For the medical writer position, we want people with both medical knowledge and a passion for writing. So, we're open to anyone, even those who have never worked for an agency before.
We understand that every writer is unique, and some have more experience than others. Yet, we'd be delighted to hear from people with medical expertise who can also write well-structured and grammatically accurate content. If you can produce actionable copy and have experience crafting lead magnets, white papers, blogs, social media posts and news reports, too, then all the better.
In the end, though, our hiring process is the same for every individual and job vacancy. We just want to get to know each other and see if we'd be a good match when working together. This makes things easier for both of us to decide whether we want to take our acquaintance further.
Let's Meet Each Other
Our hiring process is specifically designed to help us get to know each other as best as we can, plus communicate our passion for writing and working on exciting yet demanding projects. That said, don't get intimidated because we won't bombard you with questions. On the contrary, our process is quite interactive, meaning you can address your own questions and concerns at any time.
- You submit your written application. Yep. That's the perfect start. As you submit it, remember to share a few things about yourself, your past work experience directly related to healthcare and what makes medical writing attractive to you over other forms of writing. Additionally, we'd love to learn about your aspirations, achievements, ambitions and future objectives.
- We'll arrange for an online interview. Presuming you pass the screening process, you'll be invited for a direct video interview. Remember, now's the time to shine, so don't hold back anything. We need to understand how you transform complicated health information into digestible, easy-to-understand content for a non-specialised audience. On top of this, mention how you source relevant information, draw a conclusion from statistics and demonstrate your expertise in health regulations.
- We'll assign you a paid assignment. There's only one way to understand if we'd be a good match, and that is by working together as if you were part of our agency. At this stage, we'll give you a paid written task, like a health app review or a small statistical analysis of a clinical study. If you ace it, you're probably going to be our new team member.
- It's time for the introductions! You'll get invited to join our communication tool to meet our team. At the same time, we'll also ask you to create an account on our project management solution to monitor your assignments.
- Cumbersome admin. Well, what can we do? We have to get the admin over with before welcoming you officially to Strategically. So, you'll sign the agreements, reference checks, etc.
- Onboarding! Since 2012, when we were founded, we've onboarded many writing professionals. Consequently, if someone's experienced in welcoming team members and making them feel right at home, it's us.
We're Hiring for the Following Writer Jobs
At the moment, we have many related jobs available. We're looking for writers who are specialised in:
- Business-to-business (B2B) writing
- Content writing
- Crypto-blockchain sphere
- Financial writing
- Legal writing
- SaaS writing
- Staff writing
- Travel writing
- Technical writing
Finally, we're also looking for a senior medical writer. In fact, we offer a really competitive salary per annum for the right person. That said, if you'd like to receive job alerts for similar jobs, it's not possible, as currently, we don't have a job alert system in place. So, job seekers, make sure you keep visiting our website regularly.