Technical Writer Jobs
Join a global team and work remotely to help influential businesses to reach their true potential with your technical expertise (whether in IT, engineering, or design).
Strategically is for you if you:
- Aspire to become the best you can be by joining a global, exclusively remote-working team that challenges you on a day-to-day basis.
- Yearn to apply your top-notch technical knowledge and know-how to help some of the world's greatest businesses innovate by transforming highly technical information into digestible content, like operational manuals, interactive tutorials, graphical material, white papers and more.
- Want to step up your career and become an expert in technical writing while, at the same time, building an incredible and diverse portfolio.
- Seek to become independent and find the work-life balance you deserve, turning your back on the boring office environment once and for all.
Onboarding Strategically Could Be Your Best Decision
Headquartered in London in the United Kingdom, Strategically is a customer-focused writing agency helping people get more leads and turn them into conversions. We specialise in digital marketing, including SaaS, eCommerce, lead generation, SEO, web hosting and web development.
Strategically was founded in 2012, and since then, we've helped industry leaders produce informative, engaging and actionable content. Our past and present clients include AB Tasty, authority website hosting review blog WebsitePlanet.com, Gmelius, London-based boutique SEO agency, Bubblegum Search and AdScale. We've also ghostwritten for large business websites like projecttimes.com and project-management.com.
As we continuously develop new client relationships, our agency grows fast. If you think you've got what it takes to become a member of our team and consider yourself a master wordsmith, we'd love to hear from you.
At the bottom of this page, you'll find a list of the jobs we're hiring for. Before anything else, though, we'll explain why working for Strategically is awesome.
The Best Reasons to Join Our International Team
1. Work from anywhere, anytime. We pride ourselves on being a successful global writing agency. Quite frankly, location is irrelevant to us. We're always looking for talented writers, meaning even if you live in the poles, we want to hear from you. On top of this, we won't expect you to visit clients, but you might have to communicate with some on the phone or through a video call.
2. Help industry-leading companies. Not many writers have the opportunity of producing work for some of the world's most prestigious businesses or innovative startups. As a member of our team, you'll be producing content only for the most successful corporations.
3. Become a writing ninja. With us, you're guaranteed to produce effective, sharp and to-the-point copy. We throw fluff out of the window and welcome accurate and meaningful content. The moment you join our writing family, you're given an exclusive ticket to our writing dojo, where we'll train you from the ground up.
4. Work along with exceptional people. As we're continuously growing to become the top agency in the UK and abroad, our team has welcomed some of the greatest writing talents. Being surrounded by passionate and meticulous writers will help you grow beyond expectations.
5. We're a friendly bunch. We approach work in both a friendly and dedicated way. For this reason, there are no bosses in our agency, but mentors and people willing to always pitch in and help out.
6. Join a deeply collaborative culture. Every new team member is treated as a seasoned one. No exceptions. Once you step in, our sharing and caring team will make you feel at home, as if you were always a part of Strategically.
A technical document writer, also known as a technical author, produces easy-to-read documents from hard-to-understand, highly technical information. Technical writers write guides, instruction manuals, technical articles, interactive tutorials and other similar documents or analyse technical specifications. On top of this, they may also write case studies, lead magnets and blogs for technical audiences.
It would be preferred if prospective technical writers have a background in IT or engineering or have worked for an engineering and architecture team. At the same time, having some editing experience would be ideal, too, as they might need to oversee the works of others. Technical writers also need to work closely with subject matter experts to gather technical information and produce copy that non-specialists understand.
Finally, we know that technical writing is hard and that for high-end technical and procedural writing, an experienced technical writer is needed. That said, even if you're not that experienced as an API documentation technical author, we still want you to apply if you feel you've got what it takes.
Skills & Qualifications
- Prepare and deliver high-quality technical content, end-user documentation included, while adhering to tight deadlines.
- Contribute to editing and review of technical documents from usability and readability perspectives.
- Take ownership of documentation projects, from communicating with the client to planning and delivering.
- Seeking constant improvement of documentation quality.
- Excellent writing skills and great grammar (i.e., spelling, cohesion, word flow, etc.).
- Proficient in workplace technology and solutions such as office suites, CRM software and project management tools.
- Show commitment to quality and a sense of personal accountability.
- Bachelor's degree or college degree in an IT or technical communication area, or have a highly technical background.
- Solid understanding of software development and its processes.
- Knowledge of HTML, XML, web design (i.e., technical skills), and being able to produce graphical material are a plus.
- Able to work independently with little supervision. Troubleshoot documentation-related issues professionally and responsibly.
How to Apply
Please submit examples of your work to be considered for this position. Don't forget to share your résumé too. It's essential! If you feel you're a talented technical writer, don't overthink it. Apply!
Bear in mind that our technical writer jobs aren't over????. We're not just looking for a technical writer API documentation expert, but for people who have worked in various engineering teams with excellent writing skills (considering their technical background).
Even if You're Not an Experienced Technical Writer, We Still Want to Read Your Application
We offer an excellent opportunity for passionate technical writers (even graduates) or people with the proper technical knowledge and expertise (e.g., knowing how to code) but with limited writing experience to join Strategically to develop professionally.
In fact, we're always looking for ambitious, meticulous, analytical and committed people willing to give everything they have to become the world's best technical writers. You will learn to be excellent at developing a series of different content like operational manuals, graphics, white papers, lead magnets, interactive tutorials, guides, etc.
Keep in mind that the application process stays the same no matter the job position you're applying for. If you're not sure, despite your technical knowledge, if you can work as a technical writer or that you're not simply the right fit, don't worry. Apply anyway. We'll work together to explore the position that best suits your experience, skills and ambitions.
A Happy Hiring Process
Contrary to most companies, our hiring process is enjoyable. With that, we mean that we're not going to bombard you with questions like you were on trial. On the contrary, at Strategically, each step of our hiring process offers opportunities for both sides to get to know each other. In other words, you'll understand how we work, how we communicate and collaborate with our clients, and how highly we value teamwork and brainstorming. In this way, you'll know what to expect from us if you end up joining us. Our hiring process is as follows:
- You submit your written application. Explain your previous work experience, education, achievements, aspirations and how you relate to the job position. Considering you're applying for a technical writing position, it'd be smart to inform us if you've any hands-on technical experience, whether in IT, architecture, finance, etc.
- You ace your online interview. After passing the screening process, we'll invite you for an online interview. At this stage, we just want to get to know each other and see whether we would be a good fit together. We might ask you to write us a paragraph or two of a complex technical passage to determine your technical understanding and ability to transform complicated information into digestible content. At the same time, we might ask you to explain how you deal with multiple projects and deadlines and how you approach a brief.
- Prove your worth with a paid assignment. Let's be honest; working together is the only way to understand if you'll be a good fit for our team. We'll assign you a paid trial article to see if you can write engaging, actionable and easy-to-digest content while adhering to guidelines. Obviously, if you find the process enjoyable, then possibly you'd enjoy working at Strategically.
- We introduce you to our team. You'll join our communication platform for the appropriate introductions and receive an invitation to create an account and join our project management tool, from where you'll view your tasks.
- Time for the admin. You'll sign the relevant agreements, reference checks, etc., to become an official team member.
- Congratulations! You're one of us, now. Strategically has been a remote-working company since 2012, so we're experts in onboarding. Our caring team will help you settle in and feel like you've always belonged to our agency.
We're Hiring for the Following Roles
At the moment, we have many jobs available. We're looking for writers who are specialised in: