Travel Writer Jobs
If you're a great writer and passionate about travelling, consider joining Strategically, a remote-working, global team to develop high-quality content for the world's best websites.
This job is for you if you:
- Yearn to communicate your love and intrigue about some of the world's most unique cultures with international audiences while, at the same time, helping prestigious travel websites shape the future.
- Want to hone your writing skills and learn the secrets of effective and killer copy from expert writers.
- Aspire to join a dynamic remote-working team that challenges and encourages you to work as best as you can.
- Seek independence and a fantastic work-life balance, where you spend more time with loved ones and less time in a boring office.
Joining Strategically Is a No-Brainer
Headquartered in London in the United Kingdom, Strategically is a customer-focused writing agency helping people get more leads and turn them into conversions. We specialise in digital marketing, including SaaS, eCommerce, lead generation, SEO, web hosting and web development.
Strategically was founded in 2012, and since then, we've helped industry leaders produce informative, engaging and actionable content. Our past and present clients include AB Tasty, authority website hosting review blog WebsitePlanet.com, Gmelius, London-based boutique SEO agency, Bubblegum Search and AdScale. We've also ghostwritten for large business websites like projecttimes.com and project-management.com.
As we continuously develop new client relationships, our agency grows fast. If you think you've got what it takes to become a member of our team and consider yourself a master wordsmith, we'd love to hear from you.
Near the end of this page, you'll find a list of the other jobs we're actively hiring for. Before anything else, however, we'll analyse why working for Strategically could be the best decision you'll ever make.
The Six Best Reasons to Join Our Agency
1. Work remotely from the comfort of your home. As an international agency, we're always on the lookout for the very best talent. For this reason, location is irrelevant to us. We don't care if you're living in the UK or the other side of the world. On the contrary, we encourage diversity. Now, although we won't expect you to visit clients, so to have more quality time with loved ones, you might need to occasionally speak with some on the phone or via a video call.
2. Help renowned clients. From innovative startups to industry-leading companies, our clients are exceptional at what they do. Join us to help them reach challenging goals and shape the future.
3. Develop professionally and personally. We won't hold anything back. We promise we'll share every secret we've discovered about writing great and effective copy. In fact, by becoming a member of our team, you're guaranteed to evolve into a writing ninja. How awesome is that?
4. Work alongside true experts. We're continuously growing to become the best agency in the UK and abroad. And our clients are some of the world's most innovative and forward-thinking business owners. So, we've assembled a team of writing experts who can write about anything. When you join us, you'll work with them, and, believe us, being surrounded by a sophisticated and exciting company is something else!
5. No bosses, only mentors. Yes, you might not believe it, but our agency has no bosses—only mentors and helpful people. On top of this, with our in-depth writing guides and advice, we'll train you to optimise your performance and hone your writing, helping you become the best you can be.
6. A collaborative culture. Every newcomer is welcomed as an equal team member. No exceptions. From the moment you step in, you'll feel as welcome as if you were part of our caring team for years.
You Work Remotely From the Comfort of Your Home
Remote working is the future. No one can deny that. Since starting as a writing agency back in 2012, we've focused entirely on a small and collaborative culture, enabling employees and clients to connect seamlessly.
By working remotely, you can essentially change your life and improve your work-life balance. You get to spend more time with loved ones and less commuting to-and-from boring and tedious office premises. We encourage our team members to entertain the freedom that remote work offers.
In fact, we're very happy that our colleagues can spend quality time with loved ones, and don't waste energy commuting, have more time to stay fit and healthy and pursue their hobbies. In this way, they end up being more productive and contribute to a fun and friendly work environment.
Collaborate With Amazing People
Our team includes UK's most inspiring wordsmiths, meticulous and detail-oriented editors and open-minded managers. Simply put, we're in this together, so while we're at it, we try to be the best we can be. After all, we owe our growth and reputation to the commitment to producing actionable, high-quality content, great for turning prospects into actively paying customers. Needless to say, if you truly believe you'd be a worthy asset to our team, please reach out to discuss and hopefully arrange your onboarding.
Become Part of a Fast-Growing, Fun and Open-Minded Agency
For the most part, modern writers are employed either by startups or large writing corporations. However, there are fundamental differences between the two company models.
Startups have an exciting, innovative approach and are always on the lookout to grow, develop and expand their clientele. But, while open-mindedness and fun might be at the highest, employees are nearly constantly at some form of risk. On the contrary, large firms offer security and know-how, but there's little room for innovation. Plus, the movement is slow and quite dull.
At Strategically, though, we chose the best of both worlds. Instead of becoming a boring, traditional writing agency, we've decided to mix the exciting culture of a startup with the security and meticulousness of a large enterprise. In fact, we have an entrepreneurial, fast-paced and inherently fun culture, and we're always open to everyone for anything. There are no shut doors or boring practices here, only openness and appreciation for our team members and partners.
Considering our growth and size, we guarantee that your salary will always come on time. Depending on your experience, you can aim really high with your salary estimate. Besides, we acknowledge how hard-working our team members are, so we want to be the employer they look up to and trust.
You're Free to Be Yourself
The two elements that define our writing agency are diversity and equal opportunity. We welcome everyone, regardless of their language, age, racial identity, beliefs, passions, accessibility requirements, social needs and neurodiversity. Besides, if we didn't advocate diversity and empathy, how could we understand our clients and meet their unique needs? If anything, we seek and encourage variety. Period.
With Us, You'll Learn Valuable Life Skills
Producing high-quality work is not the only thing we're seeking from our team members. We also want them to learn a vast array of life skills. In other words, we really look forward to developing our team members, both professionally and personally. Strategically is a team of get-togethers, ready to share and teach others the ways of life and how to be highly productive in a contemporary remote-working environment. Work with us to learn how to:
- Have a bit of fun as you produce top-notch content
- Optimise your work-life balance
- Be successful and write killer copy
- Harness the secret of happiness and fulfilment
- Process optimisation
- Manage anxiety as you meet tight deadlines
- Think out of the box to deliver the best possible results every time
- Maintain healthy work relationships through distance
I Want to Apply, but I Might Not Be Qualified
Most of our expert writers didn't come from formidable backgrounds when they first joined us. Similarly, some of our highest-performing colleagues were exceptionally talented people who had never had journalistic opportunities before. What we mean by that is that our team members used to work in uninspiring environments, which didn't allow them to truly shine and develop.
So, even if you're unsure whether you'd be a great match for Strategically, we encourage you to apply anyway. Don't overthink it. We can spot a diamond and know how to polish it, even if it's rough. When applying, though, don't forget to share your portfolio, please, otherwise we won't be able to recognise your writing talents.
To conclude, you don't need to have worked for a fancy print magazine, be a seasoned travel copywriter or anything else. Just being a talented and dedicated freelance writer should be enough to land you one of our travel writer jobs.
Travel Writing Job Description
Working as a travel writer can be demanding and fun, especially if you love travelling and using words to describe the world's most beautiful sightseeings and unique cultures. On top of this, travel writing requires creative thinking. Travel writers are usually freelancers and have the liberty to write about many aspects of the travel industry. But, to do this, they have to visit cities or countries to gather information about the local cultures and people.
Travel writing is essentially a form of content writing intended to help diverse audiences plan trips and avoid challenges on the way. The most important skill of a travel writer is having a great understanding of SEO and keyword implementation, as their articles will be published online on travel websites. Travel writers also should pay attention to details and know how to write from everyone's perspective.
Finally, at Strategically, we're looking for people based in the world's largest cities and states, including London, Edinburgh, New York, Los Angeles, Utah, Texas, Montreal, Tokyo, Beijing, Madrid, Paris, Rome, Manila, etc. The reason for this is because we want to build a dynamic team of travel writers who can write about the most fascinating cultures, delicious foods and historical monuments at a moment's notice.
Skills & Qualifications
- Write engaging and moving feature articles and personal travel stories about different cultures, people, nations and food. Additionally, you should be able to write travel news and promotional content for travel publications.
- Can take great, semi-professional pictures and edit them using photo editing software (e.g., Adobe Photoshop, GIMP, etc.).
- Great understanding of how to do keyword research and SEO optimisation to increase traffic.
- If you own a travel blog, this is a big plus, but not required.
- Able to craft engaging social media posts to encourage user interaction.
- Excellent writing skills and great grammar (i.e., spelling, cohesion, word flow, etc.).
- Ensure consistency (i.e., fonts, style, spacing, images and voice).
- Managing multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
- Take ownership of projects, from communicating with the client to planning and delivering.
- Proficient in workplace technology and solutions such as office suites, CRM software and project management tools.
- Bachelor's degree or college degree in English, Journalism or a related field.
How to Apply
To be considered for this travel writing job, you need to provide examples of your work (if you have an Instagram account where you show your travels, mention it, too, please). Oh, and sharing your résumé is also a good idea.
Even if You're Not an Experienced Travel Writer, We Want to Hear from You
We pride ourselves in offering opportunities to any great writer, seasoned or not. In fact, if you love travel writing and have a vast knowledge about the world's most unique cultures and food, we'd be delighted to hear from you. So, please, stop worrying. It doesn't matter if you're not published.
Think of it like this: if you can produce high-quality content, you can definitely become a part of our team. Besides, we're constantly on the lookout for smart, dedicated, ambitious, and committed people. In addition, our hiring process remains the same, no matter the job position you're applying for.
Again, don't get discouraged if you're not a seasoned travel writer. Instead, be confident and apply. Even if you're not the best fit, we'll work together to find the position that best suits your experience, skills and strengths. We promise.
An Intuitive Hiring Process
Most competitors have a rigorous, uninspiring and tedious hiring process. Instead of getting to know their prospective members, they bombard them with questions and even try to trick them into making a mistake so that they can disqualify them.
But, not us.
At Strategically, each step of our hiring process offers opportunities for candidates to experience who we are, how we work and how we collaborate with our clients to deliver the best possible results. Therefore, when the time for onboarding arrives, prospective team members know what to expect from us without having to make a leap of faith. Without further ado, here's our hiring process:
- You just apply. It's that simple. To be considered for the travel writer job, you only have to submit your application. Explain your previous work experience, achievements and how you can relate to the position. In addition, remember to mention your ambitions, goals and what fascinates you about the world's cultures. On that note, submitting a video or a voice message in to help us get to know you better would be a great gesture, too.
- We meet each other. If you've passed our screening process with flying colours, you'll receive an email to schedule an online interview. Pretty much, we just want to get to know each other to understand whether we'd be a good fit. During your interview, we might ask you to write us a paragraph about travelling and demonstrate how you implement keywords into your work. At the same time, we'd like to know if you're experienced in photo editing and how you approach a brief. To sum it up, this is your time to shine!
- You get to work on a paid assignment. Only by working together can we understand if we'd be a good fit. For this reason, we'll assign you a paid trial article to see how you approach writing and express your thoughts. We'd also love to see whether you can produce engaging and actionable pieces. If you find the process enjoyable, you'll possibly enjoy working Strategically and being a member of our team.
- Time for the introductions. Since we're convinced of your writing skills, we'll invite you to join our communication platform for the appropriate introductions. After introducing yourself to your soon-to-be colleagues, you'll be invited to create an account and join our project management tool, from where you'll view your tasks. This is an important step to finalising your onboarding.
- Cumbersome admin. You'll sign the relevant agreements, reference checks, etc. We need to get over with the admin as soon as possible to welcome you to the team officially.
- Onboarding! Strategically has been a remote working company since 2012, so if anyone is an expert in onboarding, it's us. You don't have to worry about anything. Our sharing team will do everything they can to make you feel right at home from the get-go. Moreover, joining us gives you access to learning resources and writing guidelines, so you're prepared to satisfy our prestigious clients 101%.
We're Hiring for the Following Roles
Currently, we have many other freelance writing jobs available. We're looking to hire freelance writers specialised in:
- Business-to-business (B2B) writing
- Content writing
- Crypto-blockchain sphere
- Financial writing
- Legal writing
- Medical writing
- SaaS writing
- Staff writing
- Travel writing
- Technical writing
- Content Writer Jobs
- Crypto Writer Jobs
Keep in mind that we encourage freelance writers to apply. So, if you're a freelance travel writer with your own clients or projects, we don't mind. On the contrary, this means you're already aware of how to deal with multiple ongoing projects and tight deadlines. However, please mention this when applying.
If you're employed for one of our clients or for people considering using our writing expertise, unfortunately, we can't consider you for our travel writer position. It's against our policies.