Legal Writer Jobs
If you've a background in law, plus exceptional writing skills, join our global, remote-working team to help our renowned clients shape the future
So, if you
- Love writing and transforming complicated law copy into digestible for diverse audiences while, at the same time, helping prestigious and innovative corporations maximize their outreach
- Seek to employ your law knowledge outside the courtroom from the comfort of your home and achieve a perfect work-life balance, where you'll spend less time in the office and more with your loved ones
- Are open to new challenges to develop both professionally and personally and gain a foothold in the writing industry
- Want to join an international team of fun, friendly, and collaborative people who'll make you feel like a family from the first moment you step in
Don't Think Twice: Joining Strategically Could Be the Smartest Decision You'll Ever Take
Headquartered in London, United Kingdom Strategically is a customer-focused writing agency helping people get more leads and turn them into conversions. We specialize in digital marketing, including SaaS, eCommerce, lead generation, SEO, web hosting, and web development.
Strategically was founded in 2012, and since then, we've helped industry leaders produce informative, engaging, and actionable content. Our past and present clients include AB Tasty, authority website hosting review blog WebsitePlanet.com, Gmelius, London-based boutique SEO agency, Bubblegum Search, and AdScale. We've also ghostwritten for large business websites like projecttimes.com and project-management.com.
As we continuously develop new client relationships, our agency grows fast. If you think you've got what it takes to become a member of our writing and marketing team and consider yourself a master wordsmith, we'd love to hear from you.
At the end of this page, you can view other job positions we're hiring for. Before anything, though, here are three reasons why joining Strategically could be the best choice.
Three Awesome Reasons to Join Our Global Team
1. Less commuting, more time with loved ones. Strategically is a first and foremost remote-working writing agency. We have assembled a team of fantastic writers, with everyone working remotely from the comfort of their home. We don't ask our team members to come to the office or even meet with clients in person. On the contrary, they're free to spend as much time as they need with their loved ones while working from anywhere they fancy.
2. Become the best you can be. Here's a secret: Not everyone was a great writer when they started. On the contrary, to reach writing excellence, you need to hone your writing constantly. This is how we approach work. We don't just hire a bunch of people, but after hiring new team members, we teach them how to become effective writers and produce a diverse range of content.
3. A collaborative culture. This is something we're proud of: being open-minded, respectful, and super collaborative. In fact, we treat our team members as a family from the get-go. Don't join Strategically, if you're expecting to find bossy people or uninspiring, moody colleagues. Here, everyone pitches in and helps out each other as much as they can.
Unsurprisingly, legal writers produce a range of written content for the legal industry, including brochures, legal newsletters, marketing copy, web content, legal blogs, attorney profiles, and writing contracts. Therefore, legal writing takes many forms.
What's more, at Strategically, we need legal writers to create Terms & Condition pages for our clients' web pages, produce legal advice pieces, and come up with distinctive story ideas and approaches to evergreen topics. At the same time, drafting and editing complex legal information, researching legal issues to write about, and identifying and potentially interviewing expert sources are also some of the duties of legal writers.
Contrary to most of our writer jobs, we're looking for people with some form of legal degree or credentials for this particular role. On top of this, we're also considering journalists with extensive (and proven) experience in legal reporting.
How to Apply
Applying is simple. All you have to do is just submit your written application. Please don't forget to share your résumé and your rockstar portfolio of legal copy, too.
Skills & Qualifications
- Someone who's a legal expert; Deep understanding of regulations and exceptional writing skills, like knowing how to write web-friendly legal content (i.e., no long paragraphs or very advanced vocabulary - we need simple language).
- Background in law firms and trademarks/copyright, licensing and permitting requirements, business taxes, business dissolution, commercial litigation, drawing up contracts, and operating agreements.
- Great in legal research and a sound strategic thinker.
- Ability to craft sharp, engaging, focused editorial content.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Can handle materials of confidential nature.
- Proofread content to ensure it is free of grammatical, spelling, punctuation, syntax, and formatting errors.
- Ensuring that produced content adheres to the client brief and given guidelines.
- Understanding SEO optimization and content strategy (if not, we'll teach you).
- Juris Doctorate.
- Bachelor's degree or college degree in a related field, preferably in Marketing, Communication, or Journalism, is preferred but not a requirement.
If You're a Great Writer With a Solid Background in Law, Please Apply
We get it. You might never have had before the change of showcasing your sharp writing skills. That's fine. We're here. We're open to everyone, including non-seasoned writers. That said, for this particular role, we do require applicants to have an extensive background in law, whether a Juris Doctorate or having worked for some law firm.
Whatever the case, know that we're always looking for wordsmiths and smart, ambitious people ready to follow guidelines and produce high-end content for our prestigious clients. As mentioned above, ideally, we'd prefer someone with experience in writing or producing law content. Still, we're open even to applications from fresh Juris Doctorate graduates.
As a final note, our hiring process is straightforward (so everyone's on the same page), interactive and fun. We just want to get to know each other better and find common ground. Therefore, even if you're not confident you'd be a great fit, apply anyway. We'll try to work with you to find the best position for your skills, knowledge, and personality.
A Simple, Yet Effective Hiring Process
The safest way to understand if a prospective team member will be a good fit for our team is through our simple yet effective and highly interactive hiring process. Each stage of our hiring process is a step closer to getting to know you better and learning how you can communicate, how you work, and how you manage tight deadlines and demanding clients.
- You just submit your application! It couldn't be more simple. To be considered for our legal writer position, you only have to apply. In your application, explain your previous work experiences and your law knowledge. For example, if you've worked for a legal firm or you've graduated from a law school, you have to inform us. Additionally, mention why you choose to apply for a professional legal writer and not pursue a career in law.
- We'll arrange for an online video call. At this stage, we'll invite you to join a video call interview. Explain a few things about yourself, your career, and how you approach legal writing. Mention clearly what legal fields you'll be most comfortable writing about and whether you can draw up contracts, copyright agreements, etc.
- You'll be assigned a mini paid article. The only way to truly understand if we'd be a good fit for each other is to work together. For this reason, we'll assign you a small paid task to see your writing competency, if you can adhere to the client guidelines and legal briefs, and your legal knowledge. If you succeed, you'll probably become a member of Strategically!
- Introductions! Since we decided to move forward with your application, we'll invite you to officially introduce yourself to the rest of our team via our communication platform. Additionally, you'll also get invited to create an account on our project management solution, from where you can view your assignments.
- That boring admin. You have to sign everything—agreements, reference checks, etc. Even though this is a boring process, it's essential for finalizing your onboarding.
- Welcome to the team. As a remote-working writing agency, we're quite experienced in onboarding new people and welcoming them to our team. Keep in mind that our caring team will also help you settle in and solve any query you might have.
We're Hiring for the Following Writer Jobs
At the moment, we have many job ads available. We're looking for writers specialized in:
- Business-to-business (B2B) writers
- Fashion writers
- Financial writers
- Fintech writers
- Marketing writers
- Medical writers
- Staff writers
- SaaS writers
- Travel writers
- Technical writers
Keep in mind that we're also open to a freelance legal writer to join our team. In other words, it's OK if you cannot commit full-time. Besides, freelance writers are always welcome at Strategically. Now, jobseekers looking to set up job alerts should be informed that, regrettably, we don't currently have a job alert system in place. Finally, please be aware that we offer a competitive salary per annum, above the industry average salary.